Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Fall Shows!

August ends next weekend and in just a few weeks all of our favorite shows will once again be on air. Here are the top 5 shows that I'm looking forward to most this fall!

1: ONCE UPON A TIME


If you enjoy fantasy, fairy tales, plot twists and exciting drama, this show is for you! I've watched it since season one and I have to say it has really impressed me. Introducing viewers to such a unique and original world slowed down season one a bit, but I loved everything about season two. The drama is all encompassing and flies way past typical fairy tales. I believe this show will be a success for years to come. Plus, it's pretty amazing that the actors who play Snow White and Prince Charming are an actual couple in real life! Season three premieres on Sunday September 29 on ABC at 8pm!! 

2: GREYS ANATOMY


One of my all time favorite shows that I've been addicted to for over a year now. Last summer I literally watched all of the seasons available on Netflix and then searched the internet for the previous season. I never missed an episode last fall. The drama is juicy, the acting is great, and of course, who doesn't like seeing some hot doctors having fun in the on call rooms? Just having heard that Sandra Oh will be leaving the cast after the completion of this season is devastating. She was by far my favorite character. I wonder what could happen to the show if the rest of the original cast follows suit? Greys Anatomy will premiere on September 26 on ABC at 9pm!

3: THE MINDY PROJECT
 
 
I don't care what anyone says...or the reviews of the show...or the statistics. I am going off the rails and making a purely judgmental and biased statement by saying this is one of the best comedies I've seen on television. The writing is witty, original and does share a bit of the spunk from "The Office." I read Mindy's autobiography: Is Everyone Hanging out with me? That really got me pumped for Mindy's show. What I love about her, is that she's intelligent and beautiful, but never giving in to Hollywood standards. The characters are not cookie cutter versions, taped together from other shows. These are great stories and the show literally makes me laugh out loud. Plus, the show hasn't cemented itself into one story line. For a comedy, there is constant change in the storyline and the fast pace keeps the hilarity alive. The Mindy Project will premiere on September 17 on Fox at 9:30pm!

4: BONES 


Last summer it was Greys Anatomy, this summer it was Bones. I'm not sure how I never watched this show previously. It is funny, personal and yet very different from the typical medical/crime fighting dramas scattered across television channels. The characters' personal lives greatly influence the show, which I think is great. The show applauds the intellect of a human being and is actually as scientifically accurate as possible, even though it's just a show serving entertainment purposes. There is drama and there is, obviously, death and violence; but what I find interesting is that the drama isn't overplayed. For example, the season finale (spoiler) ends with Booth revoking his "acceptance" to Bones' marriage proposal (for good reason though). Of course, this is devastating. However, unlike other television dramas, it does not end in death, or mortal accidents, or traveling to another world. It ends with a human dilemma, which we can all be sympathetic too. Bones airs on September 16 on Fox at 8pm!

5: ONCE UPON A TIME IN WONDERLAND 


When I found out that there would be a spin off show of Once Upon a Time, I was thrilled and hesitant. I've never been a fan of spin offs, usually because they are never fully capture the zeal and quality of the original. However, when I saw the trailer to this show, I wanted to see the first episode immediately. Just as in the original, the writers have figured ways to mesh the "real world" with fantasy and in the trailer, it made perfect sense. I have no doubts this show will be a winner and am excited for its upcoming debut! Once Upon a Time in Wonderland airs its first show on October 10 on ABC at 8pm!

Here's the link to the trailer: Once Upon a Time in Wonderland Trailer
  


No comments:

Post a Comment